[Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense-MIPS and SiliconMotion video driver

From: Octavio Rossell
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense-MIPS and SiliconMotion video driver
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:54:13 -0430

Hi there!

Excuse my english, ussualy contain errors, I hope it will be enough to
express myself:

Let me introduce first: I am the tech leader in a project en Venezuela,
which have the goal of manufacturing, developing and mantaining the
Lemote Yeelong in our continent. For this we have contacted FSF asking
the complete aproval and endorsenment of gNewSense in this hardware.
They have answer there are only two issues to solve before, and one of
this is concerning the SiliconMotion driver (video). So I started to
search for experts here in Venezuela to research and develop this. The
other issue si concerning a package choosing, so it has no major problem
to get it solved.

In this point RMS tell us to contact you, because you may give me some
advice about the task we want to achieve.

We need to recompile the Silicon Motion Driver into the gNewSense Lemote
Yeelong. There is an existing effort in this [1] but the package appears
to crash or to not work properly in some reeboot situation.

Any help, advice or information will be helpful.

Thanks. I hope you can help us constructing a free world :-)

[1] http://dev.lemote.com/drupal/node/49

Richard Stallman escribió:
> Have you spoken with the gNewSense developers about it?
> If not, please do.  You can write to address@hidden

 | ((__-^^-,-^^-__))    Octavio Rossell Tabet               |
 |  `-_---' `---_-'     address@hidden                  |
 |   `--|o` 'o|--'      http://octavio.gnu.org.ve           |
 |      \  `  /         irc.gnu.org.ve #gnu                 |
 |       .:  :.         Usuario de GNU/Linux: 278860        |
 |       :o_o:          Huella: FC69 551B ECB9 62B0 D992    |
 |        "-"                   BE57 B551 2497 C78B 870A    |