[Gnewsense-dev] software-properties-gtk error

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] software-properties-gtk error
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:34:39 -0500

When I try to change the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list via
Syunaptics interface I get a window with the following message (I
translated it):

The repositories have changed.

The information from the repositories has changed. You should press
the "Reload" button so these changes come into effect.

But I never get the window where I am supposed to chage the repos.
Tryed erasing /etc/apt/sources.list and removing all entries except
one. But no luck.

Executing from the console I get:

$ sudo /usr/bin/software-properties-gtk
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/apt/__init__.py:18: FutureWarning:
apt API not stable yet
  warnings.warn("apt API not stable yet", FutureWarning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/software-properties-gtk", line 100, in <module>
    app = SoftwarePropertiesGtk(datadir=data_dir, options=options, file=file)
  File
"/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/softwareproperties/gtk/SoftwarePropertiesGtk.py",
line 75, in __init__
    SoftwareProperties.__init__(self, options=options, datadir=datadir)
  File
"/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py",
line 55, in __init__
    self.reload_sourceslist()
  File
"/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py",
line 450, in reload_sourceslist
    self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line
85, in get_sources
    "Error: could not find a distribution template")
aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException

--
Saludos/Greetings
Quiliro Ordóñez

"¿Sólo cuando el último árbol esté muerto, el último río envenenado y
el último pez atrapado nos daremos cuenta que no se puede comer
dinero?"
"Only when the last tree is dead, the last river is poisoned and the
last fish is caught will we realize that money is not edible?"