[Gnewsense-dev] Re: Closing Yeelong cover fails to shut off display

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Closing Yeelong cover fails to shut off display
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 19:25:17 -0500

Hongbing Hu wrote:
> Ok, attachment inclueds all the things
>
> Please be careful!

I installed this on a yeeloong using linux 2.6.27.1 - I think the README
needs to be fixed, it refers to the "ec_misc" module, whereas the module
names seems to be actually named "ec_miscd".

It seems to have installed fine:

loongson2f-1:~# cat /proc/cmdline
console=tty root=/dev/hda1 resume=/dev/hda5 no_auto_cmd rootdelay=8
machtype=8.9 PMON_VER=LM8089-1.4.3 EC_VER=PQ1D28 rd_start=0x84000000
rd_size=0x2af778

However the backlight still does not go off when the lid is closed.

Maybe there is some parameter that also needs to be set in PMON for this
to work / be turned on?

Also on this box I had previously set the fan to manually be on highest
speed from PMON using the instructions at
http://gnewsense.pastebin.com/f32f338b (also below) - could that be
causing a problem?

turning fan on on a yeeloong via pmon 2000

when in pmon using :(rdecreg addr size(can be a group of addr), wrecreg
addr val(only 1 addr))
wrecreg f459 1                  // setting the fan manual control mode
wrecreg f4d2 1                  // switch fan
wrecreg f4cc 2                  // you can setting 1, 2,3 for fan speed stage
1, 2, 3.
here is stage2 for eg.

you can get the status of fan from :
rdecreg f4da 1                  // read one reg from f4da : '0' for stop, '1'
for running.

Thanks,
--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny