Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: 2.6.32-libre-lemote vs NetworkManager (race cond

From: Wu Zhangjin
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: 2.6.32-libre-lemote vs NetworkManager (race condition?)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:58:26 +0800

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 19:41 -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Dec 22, 2009, Wu Zhangjin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > http://dev.lemote.com/code/rt4ls/attachment/wiki/linux-loongson-standby-howto/standby-tools-0.2.tar.gz
>
> > 2.6.31 is the latest kernel I have tested with the above tool to update
> > the EC ROM.
>
> I used the old 2.6.27.7 and the linux-ec-yeeloong module I still had
> lying around, and the update succeeded.  However, I don't see that it
> had any positive effects.  In fact, 2.6.32.2 now reports the fan to be
> stuck at 122RPM, temp1 as 0C

I guess the temp sensor is broken, the temp of cpu should be about 40C
on YeeLoong.

>  and temp2 as 31C.

and the temp of battery should be about 20C. it is too high at 31C.

>   temp1 is noticeably
> wrong given how warm the machine is.  It is likely over 60C.

Yes, over 60C, cpu may not work normally ....

> I'll let it cool down for a while and try to bring it up again: maybe
> something went wrong during boot up, as it was a bit too warm.  I'll let
> you know if that at least recovers the functionality that was present
> before the EC update.
>
> Any other suggestions, other than replacing the fan with the one that
> should be on the way?

Perhaps you need to touch the temp sensor, but I'm not sure, maybe the
fan is also broken.

Any good suggestion from Yan hua, Liu Junliang and Cui Taiyou?

Best Regards,
        Wu Zhangjin