Re: [Gnewsense-dev] metad i386 installation

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] metad i386 installation
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 11:49:35 +0100

Robert Millan schreef:
On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 10:04:13PM +0100, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
In the hardware recognition at the beginning it asks me if I want to install non-free firmware from an external medium (missing firmware = isl3886), with a default selection of "Yes". Not something we'd want to suggest, I think.

I didn't see this in any of my tests.  I suppose it's triggered by
presence of specific hardware.

Can I see the exact question?  Or a sample text I can grep for.

------| [!] Detect network hardware |-------
Some of your hardware needs non-free firmware files to operate. The firmware can be loaded from removable media, such as a USB stick or floppy.

The missing firmware files are: isl3886

If you have such media available now, insert it, and continue.

Load missing firmware from removable media?

   [<Yes>]       <No>