Re: [Gnewsense-dev] At this time the gnewsense Team is at the Revision 2

From: Tor at Shared Genius
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] At this time the gnewsense Team is at the Revision 265 ?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 21:01:16 -1000

aurelien wrote:
> On ven, 2009-07-31 at 12:02 +0930, Karl Goetz wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:53:15 +0200
>> aurelien <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.gnewsense.org/Builder/Builder
>>>
>>> http://svn.gnewsense.svnhopper.net/gnewsense/builder/tags/
>>>

>>> Revision 265: /builder/tags
>>>
>>> ..
>>> deltad-2008-03-24/
>>> deltad-2008-04-24/
>>>
>>> whit a kernel :
>>>
>>> gen-kernel
>>>
>>> #apt-get source linux-image-2.6.15-$KERNEL_VERSIONPART-386$VERSION
>>>
>>> aurelien
>>
>> What is the question.
>> kk

> Why nothing in 2009 ?
> aurelien

As in why are we using older packages, rather than versions released in
2009?

It is really a matter of manpower.  It takes time to verify package
freedom, and with the limited time we have we choose to track the latest
Ubuntu LTS release.  We will update the packages when either: a) Ubuntu
releases the next LTS release (perhaps that will be 10.04, but as yet
unannounced) or b) we have enough volunteers (read new volunteers) to
spread the effort, and make more frequent PFV work possible.

Tor