Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense update: app-install-data-commercial

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense update: app-install-data-commercial
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:24:56 +0200

Karl Goetz schreef:
Cool. Not having app-install-data-commercial hangs the installer when trying to install third party applications, but they're mostly non-free applications, so we shouldn't have that list anyway. Hence http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00309.

This appears to be a hang over from having downloaded the list. if you
remove the files it should be happy again.
rm -iv /var/lib/apt/lists/*commercial* should work. (Note I don't have
the lists here, so I'm not sure of the correct filenames).

I don't have any files that match that. All files in that directory are OK (only gnewsense and icecat). I sniffed around in the AppInstall Python package, but so far I haven't been able to find out what causes this.