Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Savannah project announcement

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Savannah project announcement
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 21:39:53 +0930

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:41:44 -0400
Daniel Clark <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl Goetz wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:53:40 +0200
> > Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > I don't want the project to be sans BTS for two weeks, or to lose 2
> > months of bugtracking history[1].
> >
> > [1] Yes, I'm aware this is unlike to happen again...
>
> I'm pretty sure in the end this was limited to more like 2-3 days; if
> there was a project that lost 2 months I'd like to know which project
> that was to fix that problem...

I stand corrected - I was under the impression much more data went MIA.
Pleased to be wrong :)

> If there isn't already we/I should nudge the savannah hackers to allow
> project owners to easily get backup copies of their data; just because
> you have a project hosted somewhere doesn't mean it doesn't make sense
> to also have your own local copy :)

I don't have decent net access atm, but it would be good to poke
Savannah about this. Perhaps it goes on the 'later list'

> Man I need to find time to work on code.autonomo.us again...
>
> Cheers, (and back from a week of illness),

Welcome back, hope your climbing on top of your todo list (they grow
after a week, its scary).
kk

--
Sent mobile, appologies for no GPG sig.
Sent offline, appologies if its already been answered better.