Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Savannah project announcement

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Savannah project announcement
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 18:31:56 +0930

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:16:35 +0200
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Oliver Heard schreef:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > 2009/6/23 Karl Goetz <address@hidden>:

> >> I'd like everything moved, but it relies on me finding someone who
> >> can script reading our existing bts data files (eg, pmwiki
> >> backend) and outputting in <format> supported by Savannah for
> >> import.

(moved this text)

> > My overall idea is pretty simple, it consists of an internal format
> > for representing bugs, and a translator for both the gnewsense wiki
> > page and Savannah.
> >

> I've created a todo for this: http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00298.
>
> Just to get the requirements clear for Oliver: I don't think it's
> really necessary to run this server side, is it? A client side script
> will probably be his preferred approach.

I assume server side allows easier reading all the file (bug) history
(vs the wiki, which would require a bot which can log in).

I don't /really/ mind either way, but I prefer server side as real bug
files can be provided for testing on and no webserver crawling and
flogging takes place.
kk

--
Sent mobile, appologies for no GPG sig.
Sent offline, appologies if its already been answered better.