Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gen-livecd failure

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gen-livecd failure
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 23:52:19 +0930

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:53:18 +0200
Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl Goetz <address@hidden> writes:
>

> > Now you've reminded me, I've gone and poked the file. do another
> > checkout and tell me what you think.
> >
> > A lot are still gNS specific, but I dont see the point in having
> > lots of "CHANGEME" lines. Also, config.local can do almost
> > everything config can, and after i've mangled a bit more magic,
> > should be able to support all the same options.
>
> Looks good in general, thanks!

I forgot to address this point in my last email. oops.

> It's difficult to use config.local cleanly, though.  If you for
> example override BASEDIR or DISTRONAME, you'll have to pull in code
> from config. Maybe config.local should be read earlier in config?
> I'm not sure a config.local is useful.

What I do is copy it and make /all/ my changes to config.local. The
only things that are from the main config are the package versions
(IIRC). This is partly so I know my config at a glance, but mainly so
when I create patches I don't have to go digging through diffs removing
customised hunks.

As of SVN 143 (so you'll need to update again) I've moved two functions
out of 'config' completely into 'config.auto' which is run as part of
config after config.local. This should make the config file a bit
better to work with.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)