gnewsense-art

[gNewSense-art] Parkes new logo has font license issues

From: Felipe Lopez
Subject: [gNewSense-art] Parkes new logo has font license issues
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:33:17 -0500

I found that libre distributions like gNewSense and Trisquel include the
package ttf-aenigma in their repositories, which is non-free.

Unfortunately, one of the fonts installed by that package, Unanimous
Inverted BRK, is what I used for the logo.

I think we discussed this issue before, but couldn't find any records to
know why we kept using the font.

A bug reported to Trisquel issue tracker has more details about the
non-free package.[1]

[1]: http://trisquel.info/es/issues/7796

--
Felipe Lopez