gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] Fw: [bug #29315] gNewSense background art makes peo

From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] Fw: [bug #29315] gNewSense background art makes people think their LCDs are broken
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:03:41 -0500

2010/3/27 Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden>
Karl Goetz schreef:
hi art crew,
could we get some feedback on this big please?
thanks,
kk

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:41:20 +0000
From: Danny Clark <address@hidden>
To: Danny Clark <address@hidden>, Karl Goetz <address@hidden>

Subject: [bug #29315] gNewSense background art makes people think their
LCDs are broken

                Privacy: Public
            Assigned to: None
            Open/Closed: Open
        Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I sold Lemote Yeeloong laptops preinstalled with gNewSense metad at
LibrePlanet 2010.
At least 5 separate customers came up to me after the sale wondering if
their LCD was broken due to the gNewSense background art, which does
seem to emulate somewhat what happens when LCD screens are pushed with
one's finger or broken in certain ways.
So this is a request to not have any fades (have solid colors) in future
version of gNewSense background art.

So our current wallpaper gives this impression because of the dark spot in the middle fading to the edges. I looked at NuevoSentido and AzulCeniza again. Even though some of those wallpapers have some fading in them I think they suffer from this problem a lot less, except for the AzulCeniza Agua one.

Well, it seem that this problem can be solved by choosing another of the preinstalled backgrounds as the default.

In any case, I made a new background based on grub's:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/ArtworkProjects/DesktopBackgrounds

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://introsmedia.tuxfamily.org/