gnats-prs

Re: gnatsweb/201: GNATS Web forces stored cookies rather than temp cook

From: Aaron Yourk
Subject: Re: gnatsweb/201: GNATS Web forces stored cookies rather than temp cookies.
Date: 17 Jun 2001 17:04:00 -0000

The following reply was made to PR gnatsweb/201; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Aaron Yourk" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>,
        "Yngve Svendsen" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: gnatsweb/201: GNATS Web forces stored cookies rather than  temp
cookies.
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 11:47:46 -0500

 I'm currently working on a way to have a little check box in the web page
 for Login so that stored cookies are optioinal.
 I think that this fits the bill better.  The only thing I can think of that
 would be good for the encryption of passwords is to (probably optionally)
 provide a method of logging in over a secure connection.  I realize that
 this implies that the person has to have a secure web server.  This is also
 something feasible over SSL.  There is such a thing as Secure cookies, which
 are basically cookies for secure web sites.