gnats-prs

gnats/108: gnatsd USER command doesn't return acess level anymore

From: opel
Subject: gnats/108: gnatsd USER command doesn't return acess level anymore
Date: 13 Oct 2000 01:14:31 -0000

>Number:         108
>Category:       gnats
>Synopsis:       gnatsd USER command doesn't return acess level anymore
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Oct 12 18:24:01 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Steffen Opel
>Release:        gnats-4.0-alpha
The gnatsd USER command is documented in the man page to return current access
level if issued without user and password (i.e. zero arguments); this has
worked in previous versions and been facilitated by clients such as gnatsweb,
which indeed cease to work correctly now here and there due to lack of correct
access level information.  This functionality has been removed in CVS revision
1.46 without documented explanation or replacement, as far as I can see.
>How-To-Repeat:
Issue gnatsd USER command without user and password, there will be just an
error return instead of the documented access level return.
>Fix:
Partially revert changes applied to cmds.c (GNATS_user) in CVS revision 1.46 or
document replacement, if present already or add replacement, if so desired.