[Gnash] Re: Gnash Hackathon

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: [Gnash] Re: Gnash Hackathon
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:27:21 +0100

[MaryBeth Panagos]
> Hi Peter,

Hi.

> I will be organizing a hack-a-thon for Gnash this year.  We might
> want to center it around a separate "open media" event as well.

Only one?

> We had that hackathon at the Linux Hotel in Essen, Germany last year,
> and they provide inexpensive conference and accommodations for free
> software projects.  www.linuxhotel.de
> We could also center it around UDS in Prague in late May...

Right, I heard about that one.

> I do not have the dates or exact dollar figure worked out.  Feel
> free to ping me and we can work together.

This sounds good to me.  I'll talk to the current Debian project linux
Sam, and see if we can get partly founding there.

What amount of funding are we talking about here?  The Java and Debian
Edu gatherings we have organised so far was about 5000 EURO.  I hope
we are talking about similar amounts for gnash, though I realise that
it depend on who can join and where they come from. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen