Re: [Gnash-dev] high CPU usage

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] high CPU usage
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:16:59 +0200

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:37:13PM -0700, John Gilmore wrote:

> It looks like gnash keeps the PulseAudio streams running after the
> movie ends; I get tangled up in those threads.  Shouldn't it be shutting
> them down once there's no more audio or video playing?  Or, shouldn't
> they go to idle (zero cpu) once there's no more audio or video playing?

Yes, it should.
You might recompile with GNASH_DEBUG_SDL_AUDIO_PAUSING defined
in libsound/sdl/sound_handler_sdl.cpp to see when it is stopped
and when resumed.

Indeed I see no call to NetStream_as::detachAuxStreamer
reachable from NetStream_as::update. That call seems to be
only performed on an explicit NetStream.close() or NetStream.pause().
I guess we should instead detach on playStop event and reattach
on seek.

Unfortunately I've no time to work on that any soon.
Jonas: maybe you want to look at it as part of your summer project ?

--strk;