[Gnash-dev] New features for Gnash 0.8.10?

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: [Gnash-dev] New features for Gnash 0.8.10?
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:36:03 +0200

For the next version of Gnash, provisionally 0.8.10, there are already
improvements in the git repository: the Qt4 GUI supports clipboard
setting and mouse wheel input, the BitmapData code is optimized and
extended to implement more of its ActionScript interface, and the XML
class is finally fully implemented.

These improvements mean that Gnash can play more of the SWFs it
encounters. It also means that Flash movies written specifically for
Gnash can use a wider range of ActionScript features.

So what can be improved for the next version? Any of the following list
can be implemented in about a month at most, some in days. Please
contact me if you would like to fund development of these features (or
any others).

* FileReference and FileReferenceList (file upload support in
ActionScript).
* Many TextField improvements to fix incorrect positioning and style.
* StyleSheets.
* Printing.
* BitmapFilters.
* RTMP media streaming.
* ContextMenu.
* ActionScript Camera support.
* ActionScript Microphone support.
* Still more BitmapData functions.

Anyone interested in working on these features as a volunteer is of
course very welcome, but in this case please write to the Gnash
developers' mailing list and not to me directly!

bwy

--
Free Flash, use Gnash
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/