Re: [Gnash-dev] Pledge for Gnash funding of AVM2 development

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Pledge for Gnash funding of AVM2 development
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 09:34:27 -0600

On 10/20/10 09:21, Alessandro Pignotti wrote:

> I'd like to note that with the new graphics engine OpenGL is only used to do
> accelerated copy to VRAM and composited blitting, so it could be possible to
> use others backends that offers the same level of functionality.

  "Only used" is still a dependency... and I want to use OpenGLES2 or
AGG instead. It's entirely possible that this offer from the community
to fund avm2 in Gnash would be to actually integrate Gnash and
Lightspark together. :-) The downside for you is we'd be making requests
on how things need to work differently in Lightspark to do this. Working
together makes the most sense, but only if our projects can work together.

        - rob -