Re: [Gnash-dev] Video.width, Video.height

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Video.width, Video.height
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:29:31 +0100

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 09:23:14AM +0100, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> It is certainly possible with most formats (mpeg4, for instance, as it's
> used in digital television). I don't know about FLV. I don't think this
> case really requires a callback, as it's a simple query from the AS
> Video class to the VideoDecoder when that information is required.

FLV is just a container, if it contains mpeg4 it is possible.
Fine to go with the query, the think I was pointing up is that
if your query gives you some info *might* not be the final
one... I think Bastiaan pointed this out for VideoInfo itself,
concerned about things like OGG containers (not FLV) being
able to switch decoder as a whole (thus requiring construction
of a *new* VideoDecoder or AudioDecoder).

Not something we want to go after *now* but maybe some comments
here and there will help not forgetting in the future.

--strk;