Re: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Appeal for help - please do a quick test

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Appeal for help - please do a quick test
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 16:44:07 -0700

> Tuesday, June 5, 2007, 10:36:47 PM, you wrote:
> JG> The window that it created had nothing but "snow" -- diagonal meaningless
> JG> lines -- on it.  Does this SWF depend on playing video or something?  I
> JG> don't have the proper codecs installed for that.
>
> Hmm, it does nothing visually, you should see just a white window. Can
> you please try that movie with current CVS HEAD? And please tell us
> what GUI and what renderer you are using. Maybe you just found a new
> bug...

I just tried it with CVS HEAD, and I get a variety of window contents,
from snow to white to the contents of former windows.  Apparently
it is not painting the window.  Configured:

  ./configure --enable-renderer=opengl --enable-media=GST

on FC6 on Athlon64X2.  Here is an image of the window, extracted with
"xwd" and converted to a PNG via PNM:

  http://www.toad.com/TEMP-profiler2.png

        John