Re: [Gnash-dev] First stab at fixing an OpenGL bug

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] First stab at fixing an OpenGL bug
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 10:10:03 +0200

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 03:32:39AM -0400, Quinn Storm wrote:

> > What about drawing *both* onscreen and off-screen, so that the copy only
> > occurs on expose events ?
> >
> > --strk;
>
> well, there'd be two drawing contexts so you'd be switching those fairly
> often, which is not a good thing...really, with all the drawbacks, I still
> think the best option is to find a way to accelerate our best backend
> instead, or at best, wait for newer GL drivers for the free cards that
> support the various ops we'd want to make this nice and fast (render to FBO,
> copy to screen, also get nice AA that way through simple supersampling)

Ok, last proposal: just call ::display again, so the stage is rendered again
on expose events. The only possible downside I can think of is expose events
showing some intermediate states otherwise not visible with normal playback
(consider an sub-FPS interval transforming characters), which doesn't seem
a big problem to me.

--strk;