[Gnash-dev] Sound too high/fast in Walt Handelsman "No Place Like Home"

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Sound too high/fast in Walt Handelsman "No Place Like Home" swf
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 15:18:10 -0800

http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/ny-waltflash5,0,5531570.flash

http://www.newsday.com/media/flash/2006-11/22929593.swf

It has that "chipmunk" sound on my Debian Sarge system running Gnash 0.7.2.
But hey!  It runs!  Even the "XX% Loaded" part in the beginning works.
It's 5.5 MB of copyrighted political love.

Gnash 0.7.2
Build options 0.7.2
   Renderer: opengl   GUI: gtk   Sound handler: sdl   Decoder: mad

Hmm -- it takes gnash 30 seconds to load that 5.5MB, even from the local
hard drive, even when cached in RAM.  While running, it uses 129 MB of
virtual memory, 63MB of it resident, according to "top".

        John

PS: While it's playing with -v -va, if I hit "Pause" (a target in the
animation) a few times, then hit "Play" next to it, I get an error
from libmad:

15:13:31: WARNING: Recoverable error while decoding MP3-stream, MAD error: bad
main_data_begin pointer