Re: [Gnash-dev] Patch (5640) for task 6124

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Patch (5640) for task 6124
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:06:34 -0700

annonygmouse wrote:

> Everytime I try to add a comment to this patch it tells me "No item
> found with that id." so I post it here :)

Savannah just underwent some downtime this weekend, and now it's working
again. That may have been your problem. I just checked in a variation of
your patch #5640 that uses the sub menus for the right-click menu as
well as the menu bar. That way everything is accessible from the popup
when running in a browser. I move the controls to a "Movie Control" sub
menu to reduce clutter. They don't appear to work for most movies
anyway... :-(

> I've finished a first version of the preferences window.
> It's populated using the rcfile class from rc.cpp.
> This way it's .gnashrc independent.

  Cool, that's the way to do it. rcfile probably also needs support to
write updated setting, as well as just reading them.

> What did you exactly expect from this preferences window?
> I mean: If a user changes a preference, the window should
> create a new .gnashrc?

  We'd probably want to just edit the settings for the lines that were
changed. My assumption was any changes would get written to the .gnashrc
file when the dialog box is closed.

        - rob -