Re: [Gnash-dev] Where can i find the memory allocation in C++ sources

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Where can i find the memory allocation in C++ sources
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:30:13 +0100

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 10:45:53AM +0100, remi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I find the C++ sources of Gnash, and i seek the class
> where Gnash allocate memory in the buffer when it
> execute an application.

In *many* places...

> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/manual/doxygen/annotated.html
>
> In gnash::action buffer ?

action_buffer is memory buffer for DOACTION tag content.
In this particular case I belive there is big memory optimization
option by NOT copying the action_buffer into memory but leaving
it in the stream. I don't know how would that impact performance,
nor if it is ok to rely on a (possibly temporary) file for seeking
in it.

> I would like to understand how gnash requisitions the
> memory for the execution of a sequence.

What is  a "sequence" ? A movie ?
As I said, memory is allocated in many places, the best approach
for you would be using a memory profiler.

--strk;