Re: [Gnash-dev] invalidated bounds debugging

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] invalidated bounds debugging
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 14:41:53 +0100

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 02:25:10PM +0100, strk wrote:
> I'm ready to add invalidated bounds testing to our
> testsuite, but it seems I can't handle to understand the
> mechanism of it.
>
> What I would expect is that:
>
>       0) get_invalidated_bounds is misnamed, should be
>          expand_to_invalidated_bounds() as it actually
>          expands the given rect to enclose the invalidated bounds.
>
>       1) Before *any* ::advance() is called, the
>          get_invalidated_bounds() should add NOTHING
>          to the provided bounds.

I correct myself, since it isn't clear what updates the "invalidated bounds"
state, can't only talk about ::advance() but about anything that somehow
changes the internal state (think about mouse events).

>       2) After *first* call to advance(), the get_invalidated_bounds()
>          should turn the bounds into the WORLD bounds (everything changed)

Same as above, first call to anything that changes the internal state.

>       3) From *second* call on, the get_invalidated_bounds() should
>          only add the boundaries of things that actually changed
>          since when ? Last call to ::display ? Last call to
>          get_invalidated_bounds () ??

It seems this is the central question.

--strk;