Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash memory leak?

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash memory leak?
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:33:34 +0100

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 10:04:41AM +1100, David Howe wrote:
> It has happened twice now, gnash running in firefox has suddenly started
> consuming 90% + of my cpu and eventually sucks up all my swap space as
> well. Does anyone else have similar issues?

David, gnash is known to leak memory, we work on it as soon as a bug report
is filed. The bug report would ideally be complete with version and
configuration
(gui/renderer - gnash --version should tell you) and a testcase (ie: the
movie triggering this behaviour).

Note that a big leak in AGG was fixes after release, so testing with current
CVS first is a good idea for helping out.

--strk;