Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Fast, high-quality, platform independent software ren

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Fast, high-quality, platform independent software renderer for Gnash
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:46:44 +0200

Hello Tomas,

TG> Antigrain has actually been mentioned as a backend option before, but
without
TG> anybody really doing anything, until now! It does seem to be a very nice
TG> renderer, and if the rumors about the speed is true i'm looking forward to
see
TG> a  working gnash backend :)

Just look at the demos at his website (binaries for various platforms
available)... :)
We do not optimize for speed at the moment, of course, as we want a
working renderer first and will optimize it later. However, a quick
test (without Gnash, no optimizations) showed that +/- 90 anti-aliased
solid triangles per second are possible on a 100 MIPS device (no fpu!)
at 320x240 (our current embedded device). I'm sure it could be
even improved.

TG> It sounds like you already got a semi-working backend working, is
TG> this correct?

Yes.

TG> Or have you "just" tested Antigrain with typical SWF output? If you got some
TG> backend-code, it would be great to have it in CVS!

No, actually it's a working gui and backend (we call "gnash" with a
SWF file) that renders directly to /dev/fb0.

However, I think it's too early to put in CVS because we still are
playing with the code to learn both Gnash and AGG...

I can send you a screenshot if you like... ;)

Udo