gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] Re: I'm using gmediaserver with a Philips SLM5500

From: Jan Ceuleers
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] Re: I'm using gmediaserver with a Philips SLM5500
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 18:22:20 +0200

Oskar,

Oskar Liljeblad wrote:
On Friday, April 07, 2006 at 08:13, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
Are you using id3lib or TagLib? The latter is a little better at reading
tags, IMHO.
Both are compiled in; don't know which-one gets used.

You can try the prerelease at

  http://oskarsapps.mine.nu/gmediaserver-0.10.4.tar.gz

which should have TagLib prioritized rather than id3lib.

The issue remains: gmediaserver simply refuses to serve some of my mp3 files.

I have now tried to identify differences between files that are served and files that aren't. One difference I've found so far is that files that (according to WinAmp) have an ID3v1 tag but no ID3v2 tag are _not_ served, whereas files that have both an ID3v1 tag and an ID3v2 tag _are_ served.

I will revert to my patched 0.10.0 version.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Jan