gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] can't play shoutcast

From: James E. Flemer
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] can't play shoutcast
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:07:26 -0700

The ShoutCast streams you want to play (or one of them that I tried) require an ICY-compliant[1] HTTP client. GMediaServer is not ICY-compliant out-of-the-box. See the patches for GMS 0.9 in my FreeBSD port[2] of GMS. If you see 404 errors playing shoutcast streams it is most likely from using a non-ICY client on a server that forces ICY. Most big shoutcast services now require ICY (as of about 3-4 months ago, whenever I implemented the ICY support for GMS).

[1] http://www.smackfu.com/wiki/Programming/ShoutcastMetadataProtocol
[2] http://www.uvm.edu/~jflemer/omnifi/

-James

Niv wrote:
Hi,

I pointed gmedia to a dir with three .pls files , of shoutcast stream.

I couldnt play any of them.

here is the result of gmediaserver -vvvv --profile=dms1 /home/music/radio-streams/ >gmediaserver.log

I think that I couldnt play my music previosly with gmedia, was cause there are too many files in the collection. Any chance to use an Amarok plugin, and thus have access to the database names via mysql?

Amarok is my favorite player, I use it with mysql.

Niv