Re: [Gm2] gm2 as a cross compiler for ARM

From: john o goyo
Subject: Re: [Gm2] gm2 as a cross compiler for ARM
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 15:25:10 -0500

On 13/11/2016 13:44, John Dubery wrote:
Gaius,
Thanks for thinking about this.  I hadn't realised it would be that complex.

I did look briefly at crosstool-ng a couple of years ago and decided I'd
rather not try it!
I depends on the target. Over a decade ago, I programmed for a 68k-based embedded system using cross-compiled gcc (2.x on a Sparc U5). Building the cross-compiler and associated libraries was not a problem although using the link-editor was tricky. Of course, gcc was a *lot* simpler back then! The current gcc is quite another beast.

jog

I guess I'll have to take another look, in due course.

Thanks,
John
Hi John,

I think it is more difficult as it also requires a build of libc -
unless I'm mistaken.  I wonder whether it might be easily achieved
by using crosstool-ng and patching a 4.7.4 with gm2 from there.

I did try this a few years back but it rapidly become complex though.