Re: [Gm2] GM2 & R10

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [Gm2] GM2 & R10
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 15:26:08 +0200

Erlend Nagel <address@hidden> writes:

> that solution does not appeal at all to me, also because a programmer
> would need to learn two programming languages to be proficient at
> writing complete applications.

Is that the only reason?

To me, one has to, aynway, learn native toolkit even if it would be used
within Modula-2.

> I would definitely recommend to write bindings based on passing
> parameters in the way C would do it because the interesting (to me)
> GUI toolkits like GTK and Qt are either C or C++ based?

Otoh, this approach means start writing bindings from the scratch which
is by itself voluminous work and the bindingn have to be constantly
maintained to keep in sync with the upstream, while the work with
Python bindings is done via 3rd party…

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Everyone is forced to act helplessly according to the qualities
he has acquired from the modes of material nature; therefore no