[Gm2] Solaris 10 x86 update

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] Solaris 10 x86 update
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 14:38:57 +0100

Hi,

I thought I'd post a status report about the Solaris 10 x86 port.
The compiler sources from the git repro build, but the install fails
and many regression tests fail.  It seems the shared libraries are
not being found - probably a bug in my ./configure parameters.  Also
likely are some bash isms in certain scripts.

Here is the state of play:

                === gm2 Summary ===

# of expected passes            6600
# of unexpected failures        1645
# of unresolved testcases       1531

My plan of action is firstly to update the gm2.texi with the build
instructions for Solaris 10.  Thereafter to try the configure parameters
and check machine generated source files (SYSTEM.def).  Hopefully anyone
interested can also comment on the build instructions and configure
parameters and point out errors.  Despite the huge number of errors
above - I feel confident gm2 will work on this platform - the shared
library issues currently hole below the water line for most tests.