Re: [Gm2] ISO IO and gm2 build

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] ISO IO and gm2 build
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 10:02:19 +0100

Steve Giess <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Gaius,
>
> First, I successfully built the 15th of April (GM2 1.1.3) 4.7.4 on a
> i686 machine under Fedora 17; mind you it took 3 times longer than
> before (1.5 hr compared to 0.5 hr) to do. I've attached the test
> results summary.
>
> I also tried out your suggestion of an 'ISO only' test programme for
> real i/o. I found I still have the same problems. I've attached the
> test prog I used. In the 2 sections that are not commented out I found
> that I could reverse the order of the sections and it still 'froze'
> requiring Ctrl C to get back to the prompt. Each section on its own
> works, so it is a sequencing combination problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,

I've made some changes to the test code io11.mod and I'm CC:ing the list
to get a wider view to the suggested changes.  Basically I've added the
calls to STextIO.SkipLine to consume the end of line after each real
number is entered.  (Without the STextIO.SkipLine, the program hangs
trying to find the next real number - and won't step over the end of line)

MODULE io11;
(* IMPORT StrIO;

IMPORT FpuIO; *)
IMPORT STextIO;
IMPORT SLongIO;
IMPORT SRealIO;

VAR
   templ: LONGREAL;
   temp : REAL;
BEGIN

(*      StrIO.WriteLn; FpuIO.ReadLongReal(templ); StrIO.WriteLn;
        StrIO.WriteString('LongReal Fpu is '); StrIO.WriteLn;
        FpuIO.WriteLongReal(templ,25,19);StrIO.WriteLn;

        StrIO.WriteLn; FpuIO.ReadReal(temp); StrIO.WriteLn;
        StrIO.WriteString('Real Fpu is ');StrIO.WriteLn;
        FpuIO.WriteReal(temp,25,19);StrIO.WriteLn; *)

   STextIO.WriteLn; SLongIO.ReadReal(templ); STextIO.WriteLn;
   STextIO.WriteString('LongReal SL is ');STextIO.WriteLn;
   SLongIO.WriteReal(templ,25);STextIO.WriteLn;

   STextIO.SkipLine ;

   STextIO.WriteLn; SRealIO.ReadReal(temp);
   STextIO.WriteLn;
   STextIO.WriteString('Real SR is ');STextIO.WriteLn;
   SRealIO.WriteReal(temp,25);STextIO.WriteLn;

   STextIO.SkipLine ;

END io11.