Re: [Gm2] gm2-1.1.3 has been released

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] gm2-1.1.3 has been released
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 12:53:03 +0100

John Long <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 06:16:32PM +0100, Gaius Mulley wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>
> Hi,
>

>> I've just released gm2-1.1.3 which is available in source form grafted
>> onto gcc-4.7.4.
>
> Does this mean we have to have gcc 4.7.4 to build it or does it come with
> gcc 4.7.4 in the gm2 sources, etc.?
>
>>  Also built are debian, wheezy and jessie packages for
>> 64 bit amd/intel systems.  I've also built an armv7l deb package for
>> anyone with an Odroid arm system.  (Mine runs Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS, Trusty
>> Tahr).  This is the first time gm2 has been built into an arm package.
>
> Is Solaris SPARC still a supported target and if so is gm2 built and tested
> there by anyone?
>
> Thanks,
>
> /jl

Hi John,

you should be able to build gm2 with different versions of gcc.  My
debian systems use gcc-4.9.2 and also gcc-4.7.2.  However there are
problems in building gm2 under Solaris as reported by John Cox.

I've applied for access to the gcc compile farm which hopefully allow
me to ssh onto more varieties of hosts.  I'm also currently downloading
freebsd to run under vmware to hopefully provide a stepping stone
towards Solaris,