Re: [Gm2] Error in GM2 with open array of bytes

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Error in GM2 with open array of bytes
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:59:59 +0000

Michael Riedl <address@hidden> writes:

> Hallo,
>
> being new on this please excuse if this is not the right place to post
> bug reports to.
>
> I compiled GM2 gm2-1.1.0 and also installed the pre-compiled package on
> an Ubuntu LTS 12.04 (but get identical results on 14.04).
>
> With the following (simplified) definition module
>
> DEFINITION MODULE FA;
>
> FROM SYSTEM      IMPORT BYTE;
>
> PROCEDURE Out1(Format : ARRAY OF CHAR;
>                Par1   : ARRAY OF BYTE);
>
> END FA.
>
> and a quite simple test program
>
> MODULE FAtest;
>
> FROM FA IMPORT Out1;
> BEGIN
>       Out1("//,S,//","Test");
> END FAtest.

Hi Michael,

now fixed in the git repository.  I'd just to double check that the
regression test code also committed is correct:

MODULE bytearray ;

FROM SYSTEM IMPORT BYTE ;
FROM libc IMPORT printf, exit ;

PROCEDURE bytes (b: ARRAY OF BYTE; s: CARDINAL) ;
BEGIN
   IF HIGH(b)#s-1
   THEN
      printf ("passing ARRAY OF BYTE failed, expected %d and received %d
bytes\n", s, HIGH(b)) ;
      exit (1)
   END
END bytes ;

VAR
   i: INTEGER ;
   c: CARDINAL ;
   ch: CHAR ;
BEGIN
   bytes (i, SIZE(i)) ;
   bytes (c, SIZE(c)) ;
   bytes (ch, SIZE(ch)) ;
   bytes ("hello world", 12)
END bytearray.

I guess I'm seeking clarification about the bytes passed "hello world"
(ie no trailing \0 byte)