Re: [Gm2] 4.7.3 build on Ubuntu 13.10 32bit and latest regression tests

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] 4.7.3 build on Ubuntu 13.10 32bit and latest regression tests
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 11:01:18 +0100

JD <address@hidden> writes:

> Gaius,
> This is the summary of a download and build of yesterday, presumably
> using the tarball of 19 Mar.
>         === gm2 Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes        9080
> # of unexpected failures    360
> # of unresolved testcases    42
> make: [check-gm2] Error 1 (ignored)
>
> Regards,
> John

Hi John,

thanks for the report - I'll be pursuing the debian jessie bugs in the
next few days - which I suspect will throw up similar bugs.  I'll also
try installing Ubuntu 13.10 i386 to reproduce these as well.

Over the weekend I've fixed the ARRAY declared at an address which you
reported a while back.

The regression tests now report:

                === gm2 Summary ===

# of expected passes            9500
# of unexpected failures        12

on Debian x86_64 and i386 under Wheezy.  make gm2.paranoid still fails
though.  These 12 unexpected failures above (are really expected!) as
the compiler does not catch integer arithmetic overflow/underflow yet.

I'd like to see gm2 successfully make gm2.paranoid and run cleanly on a
few other distributions and then formally release a new version of gm2