Re: [Gm2] cross compiler for embedded microprocessors such as the AVR an

From: gaius
Subject: Re: [Gm2] cross compiler for embedded microprocessors such as the AVR and the ARM
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 13:32:57 -0500

Дмитрий Маслов <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> The page GNU Modula-2 Features (http://www.nongnu.org/gm2/features.html)
> written:
> "can be built as a cross compiler (for embedded microprocessors such as the
> AVR and the ARM)".
> How to do this?
>
> Regards,
>    Dmitry Maslov

Hi Dmitry,

currently this only works with the gcc-4.1.2 branch of gm2.  However I'm
fixing bugs in the gm2 4.7.3 branch.  Anyhow here is the configure and
make rules taken from a debian package I produced a year or so ago.
It was built under Debian Squeeze.  I've since fixed some bugs in the
4.1.2 branch to allow it to build under Wheezy - but not tried the
cross compiler build yet.  Anyhow here are the configure and make
arguments, you might want to change the references to --prefix,
--infodir and --mandir away from /usr.

wget http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/download/c/gcc-4.1.2+gm2-git-latest.tar.gz
tar zxf gcc-4.1.2+gm2-git-latest.tar.gz
mkdir build-cross
cd build-cross
CFLAGS=-g MINLIB=yes ULMLIB=no ../gcc-4.1.2+gm2-git-current/configure \
  --enable-languages=c,gm2 \
  --prefix=/usr/lib \
  --infodir=/usr/share/info \
  --mandir=/usr/share/man \
  --target=avr \
  --disable-nls \
  --disable-shared \
  --enable-long-long \
  --without-included-gettext \
  --with-dwarf2 \
  --disable-libssp

CC1ONLY=yes MINLIB=yes ULMLIB=no CFLAGS=-g make