[Gm2] git is now operational

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] git is now operational
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 15:07:00 +0000

Hi,

I've finally managed to convert the cvs repository into a git
equivalent.

To this end I've updated the homepages to show how new tarballs can be
fetched (just replace cvs by git in the filename).  All the cvs examples
have been replaced by their git counterparts.
(http://www.nongnu.org/gm2/development.html).

There is a change in the directory structure - which was necessary.  The
directory structure now looks like this in brief:

                 gm2
          /                \
   gm2-harness          gcc-versionno
                               \
                              gcc
                                 \
                                  gm2

so the command line to your 'configure' will need to reflect the new
sub-directories.

The advantage with the new structure is that we no longer have modules
within cvs/git.  Which should remove a large source of confusion.  The
git clone gm2 command (cvs checkout gm2) will now check out the
compiler/libraries/testsuite.

Those of you who don't want to use cvs or git can download the combined
gcc+gm2 tarballs as before, via:

http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/download/c/gcc-4.7.3+gm2-git-latest.tar.gz
(http://www.nongnu.org/gm2/download.html).

Those of you familiar with 'cvs update' should be able to use 'git pull'
as an equivalent.  I'm finding git significantly faster than cvs and way
more network friendly!  In the past to commit, my home network froze for
5 minutes :-).

Anyway here is my build script which has been adapted to reflect the new
directory structure.  (used on a Debian x86_64 machine).

#!/bin/bash

GCC=4.7.3

rm gcc-${GCC}+gm2-git-latest.tar.gz
wget http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/download/c/gcc-${GCC}+gm2-git-latest.tar.gz
tar zxf gcc-${GCC}+gm2-git-latest.tar.gz
rm -rf build-${GCC}
mkdir build-${GCC}
cd build-${GCC}

LANGUAGES=c,c++,gm2

export PATH=/usr/bin:$PATH

../gcc-${GCC}+gm2-git-latest/gm2/gcc-versionno/configure \
  --prefix=$HOME/opt --enable-languages=${LANGUAGES} \
  --libexecdir=$HOME/opt/lib --enable-shared \
  --enable-threads=posix --enable-__cxa_atexit \
  --enable-clocale=gnu \
  --disable-multilib --disable-bootstrap \
  --enable-checking --enable-libgm2

make