Re: [Gm2] Potential woe with gm2-4.1.2

From: john o goyo
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Potential woe with gm2-4.1.2
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 13:54:47 -0400

On 8 Oct 2013, at 11:52, Gaius Mulley wrote:
john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

johng: 548 [init]=> gm2 -g main.mod other.mod

Hi John,

just thought I'd ask about this line here - on the 4.1.2 branch of gm2
you have to compile module separately, so:

gm2 -g -c main.mod
gm2 -g -c other.mod

and link via, say:

gm2 -g -I. main.mod

on the 4.7.3 branch this behaves better in that you could:

gm2 -g -c other.mod main.mod

but you would still need to link one application program:

gm2 -g -I. main.mod

I wonder if you could just check if you break the compile and link
into individual steps and see if it works/fails ?

Oh, so foolish of me.  Yes, that was the problem.

Linking via "gm2 -g main.mod" works. (I had originally compiled them separately but I left out "-l." here because ld complains that no such library was found.)

Thank you, Gauis, for being observant! This email is being put into my log.

john