Re: [Gm2] Potential woe with gm2-4.1.2

From: john o goyo
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Potential woe with gm2-4.1.2
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 10:23:39 -0400

On 7 Oct 2013, at 16:08, Gaius Mulley responded (in part):
Hi John,

the source of gm2 was not changed - I just changed the .deb package.
I'm currently trying to rebuild it again - to fix the .deb package such
that it copies the crt0.o (and friends) into the gm2 directories.
No gm2 code has changed since 2013-01-09 (on the 4.1.2 branch).

The newer package - when done should install cleanly on Ubuntu 13.04 or
Mint 14 (hopefully 15 as well)

Okay but that has no effect on me -- I do not use Linux.

My woe is that the initialization part of the main module is not called. A function call appears in the C++ debug file source but not in the object module.

I have not been able to use gm2 for the last few releases so I do not know when this went awry. I also recall this happening years ago but I did not record it.

john