Re: [Gm2] Fedora Core 14 compatibility

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Fedora Core 14 compatibility
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:32:17 +0100

SiTex Graphics <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Gaius Mulley <address@hidden> wrote:
>> is this a 32 bit or 64 bit version of FC 14?  I've not run either - but
>> I'll download/install and try and reproduce the bug,
>
> 64-bit
>
> Thanks for taking a look.

Hi Scott,

I've reproduced the bug and indeed it crashes before the main
application starts - if you link against the -O2 libraries.  There is a
bug in the compilation of FIO.mod when -O2 is used.  As a work around it
should be possibly to copy

 build-4.1.2/gcc/gm2/gm2-libs/FIO.o

into your user area where the link is performed.  Thus linking against
the -O0 FIO.mod and -O2 other libraries.  I'm still looking into the
actual bug (for the correct fix),