Re: [Gm2] IOChan.RawRead() returns fewer bytes than available

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] IOChan.RawRead() returns fewer bytes than available
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:41:18 +0100

SiTex Graphics <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Gaius,
>
> There still seems to be a bug in RawRead().  I'm seeing a short read
> exactly 16384 bytes into some files, which sounds like a buffer
> size...  If I add code to handle the short reads, RawRead() still
> fails to return the last section bytes in some files.
>
> Where would I find the code that actually implements RawRead for a
> rndfile (underneath all the ISO layers of abstraction)?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Hi Scott,

The layering will pass through these procedures:

IOChan.mod:RawRead
RTgen.mod:doReadLocs
RTfio.mod:dorbytes

sometimes I find it easier to use gdb to single step though the
calling of these layers once one knows the a position in the
application where everything is okay and another when the read has
failed.