Re: [Gm2] TextIO.ReadRestLine includes EOL char in string result

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] TextIO.ReadRestLine includes EOL char in string result
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:27:09 +0000

SiTex Graphics <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Gaius Mulley <address@hidden> wrote:
>> yes - if you call M2RTS.ExitOnHalt(exitcode) then it will call exit
>> with the desired exit value (and not call abort which is the default)
>
> Thanks.
>
> XDS and Stonybrook support an extended version of HALT with a single
> exitcode parameter that works exactly like ExitOnHalt.  Any chance of
> supporting that extension for compatibility?
>
> -Scott

Hi Scott,

finally I've tracked down a poisoned symbol which delayed the
implementation of this feature.  M2RTS_HALT now accepts an optional
exit code using the optional parameter language extension.

The latest changelog entries are:

   * gm2/gccgm2.c:  added garbage collector tags to
     all tree structure fields.  Use local variable, s,
     rather than, t1, in global_constant.
     New function (gccgm2_DumpGlobalConstants).
     Dont pushdecl constants as they are placed onto
     the global_binding_level and never deallocated.
   * gm2/examples/gravity/twoDsim.mod:  intemediate checkin.
   * gm2/gm2-compiler/M2GCCDeclare.mod:  changed debugging
     watch symbol.
   * gm2/gm2-compiler/SymbolConversion.mod:  corrected
     misleading internal error message.  Only poison
     non constant symbols as constants remain declared
     in the global_binding_level.
   * gm2/gm2-libs/M2RTS.def:  HALT now has an optional
     parameter.
   * gm2/gm2-libs/M2RTS.mod:  implement optional parameter
     (exit code).
   * gm2/gm2-libs/StdIO.def:  added new line.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-ch/StdIO.c:  changed HALT extern.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/M2RTS.def:  HALT now has an optional
     parameter.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/M2RTS.mod:  implement optional parameter
     (exit code).
   * gm2/ulm-lib-gm2/std/M2RTS.mod:  implement optional parameter
     (exit code).
   * gm2/www/index.ms:  fixed apt/sources.list information for
     the latest binaries of gm2.  Also fixed release numbers.
   * gm2/p2c/p2c-src/src/lex.c:  change getline to
     pgetline to avoid a name clash with
     /usr/include/stdio.h.  Call pgetline rather
     than getline.
   * gm2/p2c/p2c-src/src/parse.c:  call pgetline
     rather than getline.
   * gm2/p2c/p2c-src/src/decl.c:  allow HALT to
     take an optional exit code parameter.  If absent
     the parameter defaults to -1.
   * gm2/p2c/p2c-src/src/funcs.c:  modify the parsing
     of procedure declarations to allow an optional
     parameter using the GNU Modula-2 syntax.
   * gm2/p2c/p2c-src/src/trans.c:  tidied up dates in
     comments.