Re: [Gm2] Using gm2 for compiling programs that will run on windows

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Using gm2 for compiling programs that will run on windows
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:36:12 +0000

"Vanessa Bodard" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I have already posted a request a couple weeks ago. As I didn't
> receive any response, I am trying again.
>
> I have succeeded in building gm2 under cygwin on windows, but it's not
> what I was looking for.

Hi Vanessa,

> What I am looking for is to use the gm2 compiler in order to compile
> a program that will run on windows.

just wondering if your cygwin gm2 is able to produce binaries which
can run within cygwin on Windows?  Or do you wish to run the binaries
without the cygwin environment?

> So, what I am trying to do now, is to compile gcc under windows with
> mingw (with the option "enable-languages=c,c++,gm2").
> Am I right to do it? Will the result be compliant with what I am
> looking for?

certainly - if it works then the binaries produced by a mingw gm2 would
run under Windows without any extra dlls.

> Did somebody run programs compiled with gm2 on windows? How do you
> get it? Using mingw, or else ?

I've not yet built gm2 nativity on Windows using MinGW - however a
couple of years ago I successfully built gm2 as a cross compiler for
windows (MinGW) and was able to build the map generator
(gm2/examples/map) and a couple of other demos successfully.

I believe there is a strong chance it will work - but it probably will
require some manual intervention (or small patches) along the way,
let us know how you progress..