Re: [Gm2] complex types

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] complex types
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 21:02:46 +0000

Michael Lambert <address@hidden> writes:

> On 14 Dec 2008, at 13:16, Andreas Fischlin wrote:
>
>> I opt for using the C library.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andreas
>
> You're right.  Some of us haven't tracked C closely enough to know
> that complex functions are in C99.
>
> Michael

Hi Michael and Andreas,

thankfully all the C99 intrinsic functions are also declared in
gcc-4.1.2/gcc/Builtins.def [*] along with the C intrinsic functions,
some of which are exposed in gcc-4.1.2/gcc/gm2/gm2-libs/Builtins.def
(the gm2 definition module which defines memcpy, sinl, sinf, sin etc).
I'd imagine that the primitives in C99 will be sufficient to implement
the ISO complex libraries, if so then the experience should be rather
similar to implementing MathLib0.  (As an aside, also on of the list
of things to do are the implementation of LongConv and RealConv).

[*] gcc-4.1.2/gcc/Builtins.def is not a M2 definition module - but a
component of a C file included and macro-processed into many different
types, function prototypes etc.