Re: [Gm2] Debian/Alpha

From: Michael Lambert
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Debian/Alpha
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 14:17:37 -0500

Hi Gaius,

I'm now seeing

# of expected passes            6552
# of unexpected failures        6
# of unresolved testcases       6

on this platform.  I'll send a snippet of the errors soon.

Michael

On 4 Nov 2008, at 19:11, Gaius Mulley wrote:

Michael Lambert <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Gaius,

With Debian Etch on an Alpha I get

# of expected passes            6336
# of unexpected failures        30
# of unresolved testcases       6

after applying the patches below.  Using LONGCARD instead of CARDINAL
on 64-bit architectures seems reasonable in subaddr.mod, but there may
be some non-obvious reason not to do that.

Michael

Hi Michael,

thanks for the patch - will apply it tomorrow!  However I've just
flushed quite a few changes to the CVS (in particular the array
handling has been altered to use gcc's ARRAY_REF tree node.
This has fixed the regression test failures in arrayhuge.mod and
arrayhuge2.mod.  On LP64 on an Athlon debian etch I now see

               === gm2 Summary ===

# of expected passes            6588

just wondering whether you get a reduced error count as well?