Re: [Gm2] Debugging Problems on 64-bit systems

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Debugging Problems on 64-bit systems
Date: 26 Jun 2007 01:28:14 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Gauius:
>
> I am encountering problems using gdb to debug gm2-compiled programmes
> on HP-UX and Solaris-64 (Sparc).  Gdb reports that certain debugging
> parameters are out of range and will not load the binary.  I have no
> problem on Solaris-32 (Sparc).  What sort of information would help
> you track this down?
>
> john

Hi John,

is there any chance I could have an account on your 64 bit Solaris
machine?  (If it is connected directly to the Internet etc - no
problem if this is not possible - contact me off list about this).  I
guess I'd rather like to see where gdb is failing (using gdb to debug
gdb etc).  It is certainly an odd bug as the 64 bit little endian
Athlon 64 works ok - my main development environment.  Out of
interest, what file format does Solaris-64 use (elf, aout or something
else).  If I can't have an account - I might be able to reproduce the
bug on a PS3 (maybe) although I've currently only built (partially) 32
bit binaries for this platform,