[Gm2] Re: Re: GM2 on HP-UX 11.11 (PARISC) Status Report

From: John O Goyo
Subject: [Gm2] Re: Re: GM2 on HP-UX 11.11 (PARISC) Status Report
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:07:46 -0500

Gaius Mulley wrote:
John O Goyo <address@hidden> writes:

Gaius

The code is indeed in the assembler file.

SymbolTable_GetVarPointerCheck
         .PROC
         .CALLINFO FRAME=128,CALLS,SAVE_RP,SAVE_SP,ENTRY_GR=3
         .ENTRY
         stw %r2,-20(%r30)
         copy %r3,%r1
         copy %r30,%r3
         stwm %r1,128(%r30)
         stw %r3,-4(%r30)
         stw %r26,-36(%r3)
         ldw -36(%r3),%r26
         .CALL ARGW0=GR
         [...]

However, the code did not seem to make it into the object file.

heap% nm FIO.o |grep FIO_OpenToRead
FIO_OpenToRead      |         0|extern|entry  |$CODE$

I do not understand this -- I clearly need to understand the build
process better.

really odd, I suspect you need to follow the build process when
GM2_FLAGS includes the -v option.  This will show which assembler is
used and maybe then a tiny program can be substituted instead of
SymbolTable.mod, the .s file examined and the .o file as well.
Finally I find it useful to recreate a similar tiny source file in C
and then run ./xgcc -v -c foo.c (when in build-4.1.x/gcc) as a
reference.

Will do (and report)...

Incidentally do you need to install binutils for this platform?
Just wondering as the assembler syntax indicates a non gnu as..

Gas is not available on this platform (vide http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Gnu/gcc-4.1.1 ) -- HP's as and ld must be used.

john