Re: [Gm2] Ulm Library Woes

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Ulm Library Woes
Date: 29 Sep 2006 23:33:45 +0100

"D.J.Allerton" <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear John
>
> I'm not quite sure how I got onto this mailing list. I'm keen to use
> Modula-2 with Linux. We've
> had a lot of success in Open-GL applications using Gardens Point
> Modula-2 (GPM) but they
> are no longer supporting the compiled Linux version. Hence my interest
> in the GNU version,
> but I gave up trying to install it and reverted back to GPM.

Hi Dave,

just wondering whether you tried to build GNU Modula-2 with
gm2-harness-0.93 ?  This latest harness, by default, grafts gm2 onto
gcc-3.3.6 and builds a bootstrap gcc before building gm2.  GM2 based
on 3.3.6 passes all regression tests on a variety of hardware and *ux
platforms.

It would be interesting to know whether these instructions fail on
your machine:

http://www.nongnu.org/gm2/index-6.html#Building%20GNU%20Modula-2

ie:

wget http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/download/c/gm2-harness-0.93.tar.gz
tar zxf gm2-harness-0.93.tar.gz
cd gm2-harness-0.93
./configure --with-gdb --prefix=$HOME/opt
make
make install

best wishes,