[Gm2] Building under Solaris 9 on Sparc -- update (mostly good)

From: john o goyo
Subject: [Gm2] Building under Solaris 9 on Sparc -- update (mostly good)
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 14:49:33 -0400

Greetings:

The following pertains to the release dated 2005-05-27. I am now building the ilp32 and the i32lp64 versions in separate directories (under separate accounts).

1. ilp32 under Solaris 9 on Sparc:

1.1. gm2 builds (modulo fixups listed below in Para. 3)
1.2. gm2.paranoid fails to build.
1.3. check-gm2 reports 9 failures.
1.4. gm2 installs.

2. i32lp64 under Solaris 9 on Sparc:

2.1. gm2 builds (modulo fixups listed below in Para. 3)
2.2. gm2.paranoid passes.
2.3. check-gm2 reports 12 failures.
2.4  gm2 installs.

3. Fixups.

3.1. The gm2 makefile uses the "-e" options.  Under Solaris, this is
only available with the XPG 3 version of grep, not the usual grep.  Athough
easilly corrected with the appropriate PATH, I wonder why this was not
picked up by configure.

3.2. The gcc makefile defines "srcdir" as an absolute path from the root
but the makefile is peppered with relative (and nonsensical) paths such as
../$(srcdir).  The paths were corrected but I wonder why they defined this
way at all.

Sincerely,
john
No signature, thank you, but you may reply to
john o goyo <address@hidden> without ado.